dimmer module 245702 sometimes will not work correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dimmer module 245702 sometimes will not work correctly

It seems every so often this switch will not turn off or turn on .I have it set to turn on all 7 days at 5am and off at 7am.
    Some where around once a week it will not turn off , don't remember for sure but at times it will not turn on at 5am.
    I do have another switch not far from that one which seems to have no issues like it.Been using these for about 6 months. If the light is on past the scheduled setting,I check my phone app and it shows the green on dot like it should, not the unknown yellow status.Is this more likely just a range to hub issue?
    Thanks

Could be a power line or RF range issue. Something else on the circuit maybe absorbing the Insteon power line signals or making noise on the line.
    Have you used the built in Communications Tests in the 2457D2 modules and other modules, to verify you have bridged both incoming power lines
    If it was On OK but Off not always working. It can also be the load on the module making noise. So when Off it gets a signal but it is blocked when On.
    Sounds like you are using a HUB. If it is on the same circuit as the computing equipment. Many absorb Insteon Power Line commands if not isolated by a FilterLinc. In that case you would be using the Insteon RF signals to get to the modules.
    Last edited by BLH; 01-31-2018, 09:21 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

Just returned home, what is the built in communications test?

Comment

It's called the Beacon Test or 4-tap test. Instructions and results vary depending on the device. Basically, you tap the set button 4 times very, very rapidly to start the test. See your device's Owner's Manual/
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I would try the methods pointed out by Stu.
          Some of the recent modules. Use a Flow Chart of button pushes and LED patterns. To get to the Beacon test. My 2457D2 modules do respond to the 4-tap tests. Even though the Full Manual says to use the complicated flow chart method.

Comment

BTW, I believe that the device is a 2457D2, nor a 2457O2
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
              BTW, I believe that the device is a 2457D2, nor a 2457O2
              Correct, I did not have my reading glasses on and just checked again.
              Oddly since my post it has been working as set.
              My wife says I cant hear also, so I guess no sense in acting like I hear Her when she mumbles to me from another room.
              Thanks for the above info.

Comment

Working...
              X