Sunset and deleted scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset and deleted scenes

I’ve been having issues with sunset and deleted scenes. I have a scene with 2 devices. When the scene turned on, either automatically or remotely, two other devices that have never been programmed into that scene come on. As a test I deleted the scene and tried to create a new scene with sunset and 10 pm but I can’t save it as there is a conflict. I have to set things up remotely as I am not onsite.
    Thanks in advance!

Do you have any other scenes or devices using sunset as a start time

Comment

I used to but deleted all scenes and recreated new scenes. But when creating a new scene. It says there s a conflict even though there are no scenes that are created.

Comment

It's too easy for a noob to create unintended links. In a way that's good, the learning curve is easy to navigate. If you have only two errant device, then delete them form the app and after a factory reset, re-add them and start over.

Be sure to follow the factory reset instructions (in the Ownere's Manual), especially not releasing the set button until the beeping stops at the end.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That’s what I would do if my arms were 1400 miles long. I have to do all programming from Wisconsin.
          I know the last couple of updates included fixes for sunset/ sunrise issues..
          i just force removed the devices that were causing issues. Well, lights still come on even though they don’t show up on my device list. I removed them from the Alexa app also. I had done that before also.
          Last edited by Deverson; 01-30-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Make sure no timers are attached to individual devices. Which ones are turning on together?

Comment

Unfortunately it's hard to really troubleshoot from afar. Most things anyone would have you do requires someone to be at the location.

Comment

I had a porch light come on at 30% bright and garage door lights coming on at sunset. When that scene is turned on my Foyer Two and Bedroom light also come on. If I control the porch or garage door lights manually or remotely, they do not turn on the other 2 lights.

Comment

I was able to force remove my devices, tried the scene and my wife told me they still come on. I had her reboot the hub but getting her to push the set button might be pushing things a bit too much!😏

Comment

Recreate the scene with everything that is coming on together. Once created delete each device one at a time from that scene to make sure they unlink from each other. Also at the device level, make sure that there are no devices that has a timer attached to it individually. The reason I said that is because a friend of mine reused a device a Christmas for his tree. He kept complaining of it still turning on even though he deleted everything. Long story short, he had a timer setup for the tree before he made one for all his christmas lights which kept running.

Comment

What do you mean by “abandon the scene”? I don’t think I ever saw that option.

Comment

As of right now, I have all scenes disabled. I have no visible scenes with a sunset on time. If I try to create a scene using sunset. I get conflict issue. I can’t have more than Scene using a sunset trigger.

Comment

I had previously deleted all scenes that had sunset as a trigger. No timers are set. I cannot delete scenes that are not visible. Between adding, subtracting, and deleting scenes my group number in settings is at 14. Is there a way to delete the used or unused groups groups without a factory reset? I had stated that I only had 2 devices that are on that sunset scene and was told to do a factory reset. However I have about 20 devices in the home that would need to be reinstalled if I reset the hub. Thanks.

Comment

I don’t ever remember setting a schedule on one set of lights, but I must have. All devices now have schedules disabled Now to try a new schedule.
                            Thank you very much for your time. Not sure if I’m a big fan of the app from Smarthome. Have you used stringify? If so, how do you like it?

Comment

Working...
                            X