Control Nest with Insteon 2441ZTH Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Nest with Insteon 2441ZTH Wireless

Is it possible to use a Insteon 2441ZTH Wireless thermostat to control a Nest Thermostat?

So the situation, I have a Nest thermostat in a hallway that doesn't really reflect the temperature in the room. I'm thinking, would it be possible to use a 2441ZTH in the room to control the Nest in the hallway? The Insteon Thermostat would know what the actual room temperature is. Has anyone tried this?

Insteon device communicate only with other Insteon compatible devices. The Nest uses a different protocol. So the answer is not directly. An ISY may be able to mitigate communication between the Insteon Thermostat and the nest.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

What if it's not directly? I have an Insteon hub which can control the nest. Can the 2441ZTH signal the Insteon hub to change the temperature on the Nest somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoainam View Post
        What if it's not directly? I have an Insteon hub which can control the nest. Can the 2441ZTH signal the Insteon hub to change the temperature on the Nest somehow?
        You can control Insteon cameras from the Hub, but you can't link them to any Insteon devices.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X