Need assistance with 2413U PLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need assistance with 2413U PLM

I’m new here so first I want to say hello. I am setting up a ODROID-N2+ mini-computer with Home Assistant and trying to get it to play nice with the 2413U. I have the PLM plugged into one of the USB jacks in the rear of the ODROID. When I try to set up Insteon within Home Assistant it asks me for a path and I have no idea what to put here, any help would be appreciated. I’m not real fluent with computers so plain English is best for me. Thanks!

Home assistant has a very active community on their forums. https://community.home-assistant.io/

Comment

Hello,
      You will need to find the correct path for the PLM device. Here are the steps to help you locate the path:

Open a terminal or SSH into your ODROID-N2+.
      Connect the Insteon PLM to one of the USB ports on the ODROID-N2+.
      Run the following command in the terminal:
      ls /dev/ttyUSB*

This command will list the USB devices connected to your ODROID-N2+. Look for an entry that resembles "/dev/ttyUSBX" (where X is a number).

If you see a line with "/dev/ttyUSBX", that's likely the path to your Insteon PLM. Note down the complete path, such as "/dev/ttyUSB0" or "/dev/ttyUSB1".
      Now, when setting up Insteon in Home Assistant, provide the path you obtained in the previous step. It usually goes in the "path" or "device" field during the configuration process. MyBKExperience Survey Code
      Last edited by Maged18; 06-13-2023, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X