Windows Phone 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Phone 10

Got a Lumia 950 at AT&T today. The INSTEON app does not work, it opens and then immediately closes. Is this something that is being worked on? Any solutions?

I have a 950XL and can confirm the same issue.

Comment

Same here with Lumia 950XL...

Comment

Yep. Hope to hear some confirmation of work on a universal app.

Comment

Nice idea, but the operating system were designed to be competitive, not compatible. Not great for app designers, but it helps when selling phones.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Got myself an Unlocked Lumia 950 a couple of days ago and just tried installing and opening Insteon for Hub and, sure enough, it will not open. I sure hope Insteon is working on a fix for this quickly. I was preparing to get my Christmas lights this weekend and connect them to three separate on/off switches; I guess I'll have to rely on the PC app to set them up and use them unless we get a fix soon.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
              Nice idea, but the operating system were designed to be competitive, not compatible. Not great for app designers, but it helps when selling phones.
              What are you even saying here? Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8.1 are not competitive products... one is just a newer version. We are looking for continued support for the products we invested in which were marketed as being compatible with Windows and do work with Windows 10 on the PC.

Comment

My reply was a response to someone asking about a universal app (e.g., one app for Android, iOS and Windows), not different revisions of a particular OS. I had no problem using the Windows Hub app when I updated from 8.1 to 10.
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

My reply was a response to someone asking about a universal app (e.g., one app for Android, iOS and Windows), not different revisions of a particular OS. I had no problem using the Windows Hub app when I updated from 8.1 to 10.
                  ​We are having issues with the MOBILE version of Windows 10, not the desktop version.

For everyone having this problem still after months and months, try the third-party app Homeboy in the app store. You can at least control your lights again, doesn't seem to support cameras though.
                  Last edited by RockComp; 01-18-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

The insteon hub app for windows 10 mobile simply does not even launch. it does not matter what handset, I have tried it on multiple.

Comment

Microsoft uses the term "universal app" for applications that are written for the "universal app platform" that spans Windows desktops, phones, and xbox. It's not universal universal, it just runs on all flavors of Windows 10.

The Insteon app for the Windows phones is probably also the one that runs on desktops/laptops, and it's what crc61 was referring to by "universal app."

Comment

Agreed. I would love a Windows 10 UAP that runs on Win10 mobile (I also have a Lumia 950) and replaces the modern app Insteon has for Windows 10 desktop. Especially since the modern app for Windows 10 desktop has some issues (location doesn't work, as an example).

​Does Insteon have a uservoice or other home for feedback such that we can upvote a request for a Win10 UAP?

Comment

FWIW - I saw the Insteon twitter account ask a WP user if they would be interested in being part of a beta for the WP app about a month ago. Best I can tell they deleted the tweet, but I did see it.

Comment

Working...
                          X