Alternative to discontinued 2487s KPL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to discontinued 2487s KPL ?

So I successfully completed a project where I used a 6 button on/off 2487s and a on/off Micro Module to integrate with wired motion sensor floodlights. I am using the Insteon Hub. I am delighted as it worked perfectly. I basically replicated the functionality of the old x10 PR511.

Now I have 4 more of these I would like to do and just discovered that Insteon discontinued the 2487s KPL!!! I had no idea. I should have checked. Makes me want to beat my head against the wall ! So.... here is my question. Since I'm not actually using the 2487s to switch a hardwired load, can I substitute a 6 button dimmer 2334-232 to control the on/off Micro Modules ?

I have several of the 2334-232 KPL dimmers I rat holed for backups. It would be nice if I could use these and not have to spend more money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Bibb in San Antonio,Tx

Originally posted by bibbt View Post
    Since I'm not actually using the 2487s to switch a hardwired load, can I substitute a 6 button dimmer 2334-232 to control the on/off Micro Modules ?
    Bibb, Yes, you can use the Keypad Wall Dimmers in the same arrangement if the load control is not being used. I too have a Keypad controlling a Micro Module to a PIR sensing floodlight and I too do not use the load wire for anything.

Comment

John,
      That is fantastic news. Thank you for the fast reply. So I noticed the new 4 button i3 KPL has the ability to be both a switch and a dimmer through programming. You can even assign the switch to a specific button. Do you have any experience with the i3 keypad or any of the i3 products?

Thanks,
      Bibb

Comment

Originally posted by bibbt View Post
        John,
        That is fantastic news. Thank you for the fast reply. So I noticed the new 4 button i3 KPL has the ability to be both a switch and a dimmer through programming. You can even assign the switch to a specific button. Do you have any experience with the i3 keypad or any of the i3 products?

Thanks,
        Bibb
        Bibb, for your project, using a keypad to control and monitor floodlights via a Micro Module, it is also possible to use an i3 Keypad. The load feature wound just be capped off in the electrical box just like you did with the 2477S ON/Off Keypad.

Comment

Working...
        X