Renovation Gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renovation Gremlins

Last October I had a fully functional system. Multiple scenes, plug-in light controllers all over the house. When we started a large renovation project, I unplugged many of the units (labeling them carefully) but left hub and a couple of controllers plugged in. They worked fine.

The renovation included new outleds/circuits and some rearranging inside the breaker panel.

Now, I've plugged the off-line controllers back in and nearly all are causing the attached table lamps to flash. I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

Anybody have any insights?

Thanks,

- Are you 100% sure about the hub's condition? I would unplug it and see if the flashing stops.
    - If that's not it, It could be that one of the controllers left in was damaged when the electrical work was completed. I would uninstall all of those, and one at a time reinstall. One of them will likely cause the flashing to re-occur.

Comment

Thanks paulbates. My wife just ask it if it's possible for the entire system to be possessed.

:-O

I think it's time for a full reset.

Comment

hbwilson Hopefully you haven't started resetting yet as I don't believe this is the result of a malfunctioning Insteon device (hub or nodes). While we are aware that flashing LEDs can occur as a result of powerline communications, if it wasn't occurring prior to the electrical work, it may be related to line and neutral crossing or other issue introduced with the work that was done. I'll refer one of our technical experts to review and get back to you. Meanwhile, you can certainly unplug the hub from power to see if the flashing stops, ruling out some other electrical noise.
        Insteon Stats
        User since: 2005
        House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
        Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

Originally posted by hbwilson View Post
          Last October I had a fully functional system. Multiple scenes, plug-in light controllers all over the house. When we started a large renovation project, I unplugged many of the units (labeling them carefully) but left hub and a couple of controllers plugged in. They worked fine.

The renovation included new outleds/circuits and some rearranging inside the breaker panel.

Now, I've plugged the off-line controllers back in and nearly all are causing the attached table lamps to flash. I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

Anybody have any insights?

Thanks,
          Are the attached table lamps the same table lamps from before the renovation? Have you tried using the suspect plug-in modules in a different receptacle with a different load?

Comment

Working...
          X