homekit integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homekit integration

I have been using Amazon echo for voice command integration with my insteon hub 2245-222

I'm trying to quit Amazon and migrate to Apple Homepod. But Insteon no longer sells or supports homekit hub anymore. Does anyone have any alternative way to use insteon services with Siri?

Originally posted by kfp22 View Post
    I have been using Amazon echo for voice command integration with my insteon hub 2245-222

I'm trying to quit Amazon and migrate to Apple Homepod. But Insteon no longer sells or supports homekit hub anymore. Does anyone have any alternative way to use insteon services with Siri?
    Unfortunately if insteon no longer sells or supports HomeKit hub, it may be challenging to directly integrate insteon services with Siri on Apple HomePod. You could explore using a home automation platform like Homebridge, which acts as a bridge between unsupported devices and HomeKit. Homebridge has a plugin called "homebridge-insteonlocal" that allows you to connect Insteon devices to HomeKit. By setting up Homebridge on a compatible device, you can then control your Insteon devices using Siri through the Apple HomePod. PrepaidGiftBalance

Last edited by Lindalee; 06-14-2023, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I'll probably just go with the year option and see how things go. I've put in so much time and money into Insteon, and honestly, I don't really feel like switching to another company, even though I've thought about it. I got into Insteon back in 2007 when it was just starting to get popular. It was cool seeing new devices come out almost every few months. I've grabbed a hub, thermostat, and a bunch of devices over the years. But, like, in the past 5+ years, it's been super stagnant and other companies have popped up with cheaper and more updated products.
      I was thinking about trying out different ecosystems, but the Kasa switches don't fit right without the raised wallplate. The Caseta switches look too busy for my taste, and I gave the GE/Jasco ones a shot before, but they didn't work well and a lot of them failed too soon. I gotta say, the Insteon ones look pretty cool. They're sleek, simple, and they work like a charm (even for those 3/4/5 way switches). Plus, they're super reliable. Oh, and don't forget about the Keypadlincs... I haven't found another product like this yet, so I guess I'm stuck for now.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-14-2023, 03:17 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Home Assistant is another open-source platform that supports Insteon devices. You can integrate Home Assistant with Siri using the Home Assistant HomeKit integration. This would require a bit more setup, and you'll need a device running Home Assistant.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 01-31-2024, 07:36 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web sites like spam

Comment

Working...
        X