Insteon and Alexa control in routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon and Alexa control in routines

I haven't found a way to use an Insteon device in an Alexa routine when I want the Insteon device to be the "When this happens" part of the routine. I have no trouble with putting an Insteon device in the "Add action" section of an Alexa routine. Am I overlooking something? Is there a workaround? I think I have explained what I want in an understandable way. If you need more information let me know.

Alexa can control Insteon scenes for fast whole home lighting control as well as control things connected to your Insteon Hub such as Sonos. Alternatively with the Alexa app, you can group Insteon devices alongside devices from Logitech, Phillips Hue, and control them all simultaneously.
    Portal 4 Me
    Last edited by Isabelle; 04-06-2023, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your replay. I don't believe you understand my problem. When creating an Alexa routine one of the steps is to decide when it happens in the "When this happens" step. In this steps I am unable to use an Insteon device (e.g. such on when a light switch is turned on) to be the "When this happens" event. No Insteon devices are listed, even in Smarthome choice. I am able to use Insteon scenes and devices in the "Add action" section of the routine. I would like us an Insteon device in the "When this happens" section of the Alexa routine.

Comment

Working...
      X