Homeseer and HUB Code Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and HUB Code Updates

I dont know if anyone else remembers this but back a few years, insteon auto updated many peoples HUBs to a new code version. It caused a major outage of many people who use the HUB as a simple appliance to be controlled by automation controllers such as homeseer. Long story short, once that code update broke many peoples integrations, we all created firewall rules to block insteon hub from accessing the cloud service so it cannot get code updates.

My question is, under new leadership, are they aware of that history and will they prevent auto code updates on hubs for those of us that wish to keep it running old code?

I recently found out after purchasing a new firewall (that has better alerting) that by blocking HUB from accessing the cloud all these years that the HUB would reboot or maybe just reset the network stack every few hours if it cannot access the cloud service. If I block connect.insteon.com (which I have been doing for years) it will prevent the hub from updating, but also I just found out causes a frequent tcp stack reset or at least the ethernet port link goes up/down/up frequently.

I am a new paying member of insteon cloud (even though I dont need it as I use the hub as a dumb appliance that homeseer controls), I wanted to invest in the new leaderships attempt to resurrect the company, so willing to do my part. Plus the only way to default reset the hub in case I need to is via the cloud anyway, so theres that too.

Any comment on if that snafu of code updates is still an issue? Do I need to worry about it still?

This is the thread I was referring to over on homeseer from 2018. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...eak-the-plugin

Comment

Working...
    X