Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Change Settings in Insteon Director?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Change Settings in Insteon Director?

I have an Insteon Hub 2245-222 puurchased in December 2019 which apparently has Bin Hub2-V04-20140904 installed. Meanwhile my ISP replaced my Modem/Router and I've been unable to access the Hub to change it's wireless settings accordingly. So I purchased one year Insteon Hub Account Access at $39.95 (but not the Migration Service for Insteon Hub 2 (2245-222) for $99.95).

I then installed the Insteon Director app on my iPhone, logged in, and it apparently found my (original) Hub info in its database, but some of the Settings information is wrong, including the IP address of the Hub. Thus it not surprisingly shows the Hub is offline, even though I can ping it successfully, and when I do an arp -a the Hub's current ip address does correspond to the MAC ID of the Hub.

Is there any way I can update the Settings in Director, or must I purchase the Migration Service and send it in for the upgrade to Hub 2 to get things to work? If I get the Hub 2 Migration Service, does that include Alexa capability? Is the "Insteon Central Controller Hub, Compatible with Alexa, 2245-222", currently sold on Amazon for $146.71, a Hub2 with Alexa the same as the Hub 2 I'd get back from Insteon if I sent it in for the Migration Service?

I (used to) have multiple Devices controlled by this Hub, and I'm tempted to toss everything Insteon and start over with another brand, but .... is there any other way I can get my Insteon Hub working again, like upgrading the firmware (how?) for example?

Originally posted by rbroman View Post
    I have an Insteon Hub 2245-222 puurchased in December 2019 which apparently has Bin Hub2-V04-20140904 installed. Meanwhile my ISP replaced my Modem/Router and I've been unable to access the Hub to change it's wireless settings accordingly. So I purchased one year Insteon Hub Account Access at $39.95 (but not the Migration Service for Insteon Hub 2 (2245-222) for $99.95). Carl's Jr. Survey

I then installed the Insteon Director app on my iPhone, logged in, and it apparently found my (original) Hub info in its database, but some of the Settings information is wrong, including the IP address of the Hub. Thus it not surprisingly shows the Hub is offline, even though I can ping it successfully, and when I do an arp -a the Hub's current ip address does correspond to the MAC ID of the Hub.

Is there any way I can update the Settings in Director, or must I purchase the Migration Service and send it in for the upgrade to Hub 2 to get things to work? If I get the Hub 2 Migration Service, does that include Alexa capability? Is the "Insteon Central Controller Hub, Compatible with Alexa, 2245-222", currently sold on Amazon for $146.71, a Hub2 with Alexa the same as the Hub 2 I'd get back from Insteon if I sent it in for the Migration Service?

I (used to) have multiple Devices controlled by this Hub, and I'm tempted to toss everything Insteon and start over with another brand, but .... is there any other way I can get my Insteon Hub working again, like upgrading the firmware (how?) for example?
    Hello,

To update your Insteon Hub's settings, consider resetting the hub and connecting it to your new modem/router. The Insteon Central Controller Hub on Amazon might not include the same feature. Upgrading firmware or changing settings in Insteon Director might not be straightforward.

Last edited by Nikkiatwell; 08-10-2023, 09:00 PM.

Comment

It sounds like you are having a big challenge with your Insteon Hub setup. Upgrading the firmware may be a possible solution, if any. Are you trying to get Insteon’s customer support? Guidance may be provided on processing policy updates or communication issues. Looking for options like firmware updates and seeking professional help can save you starting over with a brand new one. Good luck getting your Insteon Hub up and running again! GUYS
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-16-2023, 09:38 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Hello, I think you should be able to modify the settings within the app itself. Look for options or menus that allow you to update the IP address or other relevant settings for your Hub.

Comment

Working...
        X