Director re-starts at configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director re-starts at configuration

My Hub1 died, so I replaced it with a Hub 2. I factory reset each device and added all 7 of them to Director (Android version 1.0.12.319). When I re-launched Director, it started back at the Welcome Home screen with the Let's Get Started button at the bottom; closing that and signing back in comes to the same screen. Continuing with Let's Get Started just gets to the error that the hub was already added. I was able to get the app to launch correctly a couple to times (where I could add schedules and control devices) by forcing the app to stop and emptying its cache. Now, that does not work. Restarting the phone did not correct the issue either. Uninstalled Director and reinstalled it; he first launch was fine, then back to that Welcome Home screen. Is there any way to get Director to recognize that the account is already configured?

Originally posted by PJL

Try the old version of the app and see if that helps. Search the Google Play Store for Insteon for Hub.
    I tried re-installing Insteon for Hub. It fails to connect to the new hub. I deleted its storage, uninstalled it and re-installed it, still unable to connect.

Director connects as expected about 1 in 5 times. Between this and the lack of a "stay logged in" option in Director, this is a pretty disappointing app. At least I can control devices (after they are added in Director) through remotes, Google Home and Google Assistant.

Comment

Insteon Support addressed the issue by deleting my account. After I deleted and added the Director back, I added the devices back, and the problem seems solved, at least for these first 3 days.

Comment

I switched sucessfully from a dead Hub 1 to Hub 2 using the Director App. However, if I close the new app on my iphone, then I can't use the app (i.e. "Let's Get Started") unless I delete the app and re-download. Fortunately, this seems to do the trick for now but is very annoying (and time consuming). I saw where somebody said that Insteon deleted his account and he was able to re-install and problem was solved? Wondering if anybody else found this proposed solution worked and whether it requires having to re-attach all devices?

Comment

Working...
        X