Insteon and Matter, Hoobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon and Matter, Hoobs?

I have an extensive investment in Insteon devices in my home, ~60 of them. When Insteon went offline temporarily last fall, i purchased a Hoobs box, it worked ok but seems to lockup my Insteon Hub after a few hours; shutting down the Hoobs box or or disconnecting the network cable solves the problem and the Insteon box starts working again; but this is not acceptable. I still have an open ticket about this with Hoobs...

Hoobs will have a new Hoobs Pro box/hub early next year that has Matter hardware and talks the Matter protocol and will enable all Insteon devices to be seen in the Matter ecosystem; but I will still need the Insteon hub for this to work.

My question is, should I wait until Insteon adds Matter hardware to a new Insteon Hub 3 box? Or is there a better solution other than that or better than Hoobs?

Originally posted by gstevens View Post
    I have an extensive investment in Insteon devices in my home, ~60 of them. When Insteon went offline temporarily last fall, i purchased a Hoobs box, it worked ok but seems to lockup my Insteon Hub after a few hours; shutting down the Hoobs box or or disconnecting the network cable solves the problem and the Insteon box starts working again; but this is not acceptable. I still have an open ticket about this with Hoobs...

Hoobs will have a new Hoobs Pro box/hub early next year that has Matter hardware and talks the Matter protocol and will enable all Insteon devices to be seen in the Matter ecosystem; but I will still need the Insteon hub for this to work.

My question is, should I wait until Insteon adds Matter hardware to a new Insteon Hub 3 box? Or is there a better solution other than that or better than Hoobs?
    Hello, I think you should wait until Insteon adds Matter hardware to a new Insteon Hub 3 box
    Last edited by INSTEON John; 10-16-2023, 09:24 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
    X