App doesn’t always show correct state of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

App doesn’t always show correct state of devices

I find that quite often the app doesn’t show the correct state of devices. Often a light will show as being on when it isn’t or as off when it’s actually on. It does eventually resolve itself if the tile is pressed, but for lights that are out of view there is a level of uncertainty as to the true state (i.e. I might be away from home but want to be sure that certain lights are on/off, and this inconsistency in reporting the state does not inspire confidence).

Follow this steps : On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app . Tap Location. At the top, switch location on. Tap Mode. High accuracy.
    PrepaidGiftBalance Visa
    Last edited by Roberthausmann; 11-22-2022, 09:48 PM.

Comment

On iOS, the older Insteon app shows precise location services turned on. The newer Director app doesn’t have any location services. Have noticed that the two apps show different states for the same devices at times. The older app tends to be more accurate.

Also I control with HomeKit, via HomeBridge and it also shows inconsistent current state.

Seems to me that the hub is not updating state consistently.

Most of the time this is not a big issue, but if I am using the lights in an away-from-home scenario, or there’s one light on the side of my garage that I can’t see from inside, I’d like to be sure of the real state when checking the app / HomeKit.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberthausmann View Post
        Follow this steps : On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app . Tap Location. At the top, switch location on. Tap Mode. High accuracy.
        PrepaidGiftBalance Visa
        Thanks for the tip. The location permission for the app was denied on my phone.

Comment

Working...
        X