X10 Linking to 6-Button Keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Linking to 6-Button Keypad

I have an X10 controlled hall light, which turns on/off via an X10 timer (literature says this is a controller). When I follow the instructions to link a keypad button to the X10, it says from the X10 Controller send the House Code 3 times, then the switch code 3 times. My question is how do I just sent the house code 3 times from the controller? The buttons on the X10 TImer are on/off for multiple devices, and a dial to set the house code; I don't see anyway to send only the house code.

Send the House Code and the Unit Code three times.
    Like send the On code from the timer three times as it add the House Code and Unit code plus the On command.

Comment

Sending the code 3x doesn't work. I think I found the cause. The X10 is on a different phase then where the Insteon is wired, so none of the X10 signals get through. I tested this by plugging in the X10 Timer in an outlet on the same circuit as the Insteon is wired. The Hall light did not respond to the X10 timer signals for on or off. So, my question is will adding 2 Insteon Access Points, one on the timer circuit and the other on the Insteon circuit work? Or is there another solution?

Comment

No the Access Points and it replacement Range Extender are both Insteon only and do not pass X10 commands.
        You need an X10 phase coupler or repeater. Maybe in the breaker box.
        There are some troubleshooting tutorials on Jeff's site. https://jvde.us/x10-troubleshooting/
        Jeff's stuff is great but many of the items are now gone.
        My XTBII-R blast X10 at over 10 volts on each phase.

Comment

Have you verified the X10 signals are reaching the module you want to program?
          X10 requires you check for power line noise and signal coupling if the sender and receiver on opposite phases of the home.

Comment

Working...
          X