Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about the Nokia branded Insteon products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the Nokia branded Insteon products?

Since the Nokia branded Insteon products were on the verge of release prior to the crash, I assume there may be a container or two of product sitting around some place. Will these devices be able to be integrated and supported within the current Insteon ecosystem?

Like Insteon, Nokia Smart Lighting devices operate on a dual mesh network that uses both your home's electrical wiring and—to provide redundancy—a proprietary long-range wireless network (using unlicensed spectrum in the sub-gigahertz range, similar to Z-Wave). This gives the wireless network longer range.y
    Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:23 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I had an opportunity to see some of the published information before the shutdown.
      Though using Insteon and built by them. Backwards compatibility was not supported but was to be added at a later date. I have seen no data on basic features working on other controllers. Even with the unique features not working.
      The Nokia HUB used a different protocol so we could not reprogram them for use as a standard HUB or PLM. As seen in the UDI Forums.

Comment

What I can do now is waiting
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:23 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

After the previous owners closed the company. That was doing the nokia module manufacturing.
          I have seen no indication it will be manufactured by the new owners.
          Possible it may never happen.

Comment

Look for the new products to start being released in Q1-2023. Things are happening behind the scenes.

Comment

Working...
            X