Does anyone make a set-button tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone make a set-button tool?

I'm not a fan of the design of the set (air gap) button. Try to pull it with a fingernail, you break the fingernail. Try to pry it with a screwdriver, you bend off the button lip. And when you have to execute that dance move where you plunge it from fully out to fully in and wait for the beep, it's impossible to do (without a half dozen attempts) because whatever tool you are using slips or bounces off the flat front.

I figure, certainly I'm not the first person with these complaints, and maybe someone sells a little tool that provides a positive grip on this nasty button and solves both the pull-it-out and push-it-in problems. Is there one?

I've found that a small flat head screwdriver works well if you remove the faceplate first.

Comment

I finally settled on a model rocket engine hook for pulling it out, and chopped a popsicle stick to the correct width for pushing it back in. Not ideal, but it works.

Comment

Wow, that really looks like it has promise. The computer style spudgers I tried using were all much too wide, with pointy wedge ends that just slipped off the button. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for that this is amazing..

Comment

Working...
          X