Integration with Google Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration with Google Home

I have recently added a Google Hub to my home and was very pleasantly suprised at how well it integrated with my Insteon Hub and brought in most of my Insteon devices. But "most" is the operative word. I cannot get a few things to show on Google Home such as my garage door sensor (I/O Link 74551) or leak sensor (2852-222).

Has anyone else experienced issues like this with sensors or other devices?

Insteon doesn't support sensors, or the IO Linc for the voice assistants, so if you are using the Hub there is no way to do this.

If you are using an ISY you can drop the IO Linc in a scene, or program, and then have Google Voice control that through their portal.

Here is a list of supported devices:

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...ag/Google+Home

Comment

When I first set up my Google Hub, I was skeptical about how well it would work with my Insteon Hub, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it synced up with the majority of my Insteon gadgets. However, the term "most" is key here. There are a few devices, like my garage door sensor (I/O Link 74551) and leak sensor, that I haven't been able to get to appear on Google Home.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:46 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Originally posted by zimbrich View Post
        I have recently added a Google Hub to my home and was very pleasantly suprised at how well it integrated with my Insteon Hub and brought in most of my Insteon devices. But "most" is the operative word. I cannot get a few things to show on Google Home such as my garage door sensor (I/O Link 74551) or leak sensor (2852-222).
        Originally posted by zimbrich View Post

Has anyone else experienced issues like this with sensors or other devices?
        You may need to use a third-party integration tool or service to bridge the gap between different devices and platforms.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-29-2023, 02:49 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X