Can't get rid of switch from scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get rid of switch from scene

I had a "Christmas" scene created which has been working fine. I added a new Insteon dual outlet to my home. That was working fine. During the setup of that, I thought I heard a beep from another room. Then I noticed that the other room was turning on counter lights that it didn't use to do. And I noticed that a dimming outlet in the other room that WAS part of the scene seemed to be linked to the counter lights.

I think I factory reset both devices (had to turn off power to dimmer outlet and hold button on power on). So they should not have been linked at all. Then I tried to an unlink sequence on both. The outlet and the switch are for sure not linked any more.

But the counter lights still come on when I activate the scene. I tried adding the counter lights to the scene and removing them, but they are still apparently triggered by the scene.

Any ideas how this could happen and what to do about it?

I'm about to create an entirely new scene from scratch by making sure I have the same devices in the scene (minus the counter light) and see if THAT one still triggers the lights. If it doesn't, then I'll be all set, but I sure wouldn't like to do this for something more complicated. And how the heck could it get screwed up in the first place?

The scene is being executed from an Android phone using the Insteon app.

I recreated the scene with a different name making sure not to include the Insteon counter light switch in the scene. The scene works properly. But when I touch the button on the dimmable outlet, both the outlet and the counter lights operate together.

Since I thought I factory reset both the switch and the outlet, I don't understand why they act like they are linked. And it is only a one way link, from the outlet to the switch.

Now what?

Comment

Okay, I got it unlinked. I did not do the right sequence for unlinking the Switchlinc. I had pulled out the little piece, but didn't hold it IN after pushing it back in. Now the switch is not linked to the outlet. That was odd. No idea how it got linked. It MIGHT have been linked from the time I put the outlet in as I usually don't play with the button on the outlet and as long as I didn't do that, I think everything was working okay.

Odd, but I think now resolved.

Comment

Working...
      X