Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent Local Control Failure (Yellow Circle In App)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Local Control Failure (Yellow Circle In App)

A few days ago, I noticed that my Micro On/Off device wasn't responding to local control from the on/off switch wired in series with it...

The module appears to function, at least somewhat, as it responds to remote commands from the Insteon app as well as from another switch that is part of its scene...

At the time, I thought that I was able to fix it by toggling it on/off from the app but this doesn't seem to work 100%... also, not sure what a 'yellow' dot near the device (as opposed to grey or green) means... I assume that it's some kind of error...

Any thoughts?

A yellow dot indicates that the Hub can't find the device, that is, there's a communication problem. What else is on the same circuit as the Micro Module?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X