micro on off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

micro on off

I am not quite clear on how the micro on off module works. I have an adorne touch on off switch. Does the insteon module go between the current and the switch? When the module is activated via the app, does it basically act as if the switch was turned on; thus turning on the light?

The wiring diagram and instructions are all available for viewing on the product sales page.

With a traditional, mechanical switch, the micro module connects to power (both line and neutral) and, optionally, to switched line via a mechanical switch, then connects or disconnects line from load to turn it on and off. However, the unit you mention isn't a traditional, mechanical switch. It appears it expects to be wired in series with the load, which would likely make it incompatible.

Comment

All switches are wired in series with the load. As long as the touch switch is on/off and not a dimmer and you have a neutral wire in the switch box, then yes, you can use a Micro On/Off module and the Hub will emulate the switch.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The switch mentioned is an electronic component that steals power from the load in order to operate. I'm concerned that connecting it without a load, directly to full line voltage as would be necessary to use it as the Sense input of a Micro Module, could cause harm to the switch or the module or prevent the module from properly recognizing switch operations.

Comment

Thank you all for the information. Actually the adorne switch is connected as a single pole. I have two wires in the box.

Comment

The Micro Module requires a neutral wire.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
            X