Insteon Balast dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Balast dimmer

I have been a Insteon dabbler for a long time. I am using a ballast dimmer to control a bank of commercial LED lights in my garage. The lights are dimmable using the 0-10 volt output of the Insteon ballast dimmer. In addition, there is an Insteon dimmer switch by the entrance to the garage. As per the directions, the red wire on the dimmer switch is not connected to anything.

I created a scene to control the lights using the switch and I can successfully turn the light off/on and dim them.

I can also control the lights from the Insteon app on my phone by selecting the Insteon ballast dimmer device.

However, and here is the problem, when I use the app on my phone to control the Insteon switch by the entrance, the lights do not respond.

It occurs to me that maybe this is expected behavior, but it is also possible that I made a mistake when creating the scene.

Thanks for reading.

Michael

There was a reply to my question that seems to have disappeared.

A helpful member explained that this is expected behavior.

Comment

By design, the Insteon app gives you the choice of adjusting a single device *or* an entire scene.

Any time you want to control *multiple* devices with one command/button push, adjust the scene they all belong to.

Comment

Working...
      X