Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sense on 2447s

Hello,
    I am looking to setup motion sense in my kitchen.
    It is a 3-way switch and I would like to have two sensors on that same load. One at each switch.

Is it possible to link up two 3-way switches and if any of the two sense motion, it will turn on the light?
    I do not have the complex isy or hub.
    If there are any alternatives please let me know, I just have a problem with my current sensor at one switch not seeing the rest of the room and turning off when I am on the other end of the room .

Second question: Does this sensor have more than just motion, but detect heat as well?

Do you mean a 2477?

Each switch in an Insteon 3-way configuration must be an Insteon device. Any number of Motion Sensors can be used, but if the first on to detect motion has, for example, a 3-minute time duration, then it will turn off the load after 3 minutes even if the others detect motion during the3-minute duration.

All IR detectors actually detect a change in heat, not motion, as the heat (body heat) move from one zone to the next, zones being the result of the lens (translucent plastic cover).

The MS can also detect dusk and dawn light levels.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X