Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchlinc dimmer switch turning off all lights on the breaker

hi guys,

Im testing insteon at the moment, an electrician pulled a nuetral wire for me, I then installed my first Switchlinc dimmer to test. Works great, until i realised that all other lights in different rooms on the same breaker are turning off and on with the switchlinc ...

The other lights are not controlled by their own Insteon Module?
    The switch you replaced. Was it originally wired in a three way setup?
    If the problem lights are on their own Switchlinc. I would suspect they are cross linked to each other.

If they are on their own mechanical switches now. It sounds like the electrician got the load wire from the SwitchLinc connected to the line feed to the other lights. As you probably had a switch loop and the electrician had to pull a Neutral Power wire for you.

Comment

nope the other lights are traditional switches, this is the first and only insteon ive installed. sounds like you may be correct about load and line. I know very little about how AC electrics work, so im not sure what this means, after the electrian pulled my neutral wire and told me which was load and line, I followed his instructions and I installed the switchlinc, it didnt work... I told the electrician, he sent one of his guys around and they "fixed it" they said i had load and line the wrong way around ... the switch i replaced was a switch in my lounge for the lounge lights. The lights that are going on and off with the switchlinc are in different rooms and I assume they are on the same ciruit breaker...

Comment

BLH you were right ... Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X