Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We were unable to reach your device..." errors hitting multiple switches new and old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We were unable to reach your device..." errors hitting multiple switches new and old

I am getting this error on old dimmers ("smart labs" on the back) as well as a new dial dimmer in the garage. Anyone know what could be causing this? I have been replacing the older switches with new ones to fix some of these problems but now it's happening on new Dial dimmers as well.

I am also having dimmers unwilling to reset (pulling 10 seconds then pushing button all in) and if they do seem to reset, they haven't. And when I try to re-add them via the app, they won't beep when holding the set button...

It sounds like one of the following, in order of most likely to least likely:
    - There was a significant power line event... power spike, lightning strike that damaged electronics including Insteon devices.. The individual switches not responding locally is my reasoning
    - There's powerful powerline noise near the hub that is affecting its operation
    - Assuming you're using a hub, the hub is failing

Comment

Working...
    X