How to monitor Insteon traffic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to monitor Insteon traffic?

How can I access Insteon traffic logs to monitor communication activity? I've noticed a significant amount of Insteon traffic, even when there are no changes in light states. This is evident through the blinking activity light on a wall switch. Is there a method to review a log detailing the ongoing traffic? I have some unreliable devices and would like to troubleshoot communication issues.

Setup:
    • Hub2
    • Numerous wall switches, outlets, and lamps
    • The hub is integrated with Homeassistant omegle(if that information is relevant)

Thank you.
    Last edited by EsafaliTakru; 12-13-2023, 09:31 PM.

If you search for the pdf manuals (google "Insteon " + insteon product number + "manual pdf") ... there are steps to manually configure the switches into a test mode to see if they're on the same phase. You can also turn on the devices LED to show Insteon traffic the it sees. Products like Homeseer or the UDI ISY have logging tools available that give detailed traffic info, not sure about the Insteon hub(s).

Likely some devices are on opposite power legs of your home and installing more dual band devices is the easiest way to address it. Though not sold by Insteon any longer, the Signalinc power leg coupler can be installed by an electrician in your electrical panel. I bought one years ago when they were still for sale by Insteon and it greatly improved things at my last home.

Comment

Working...
    X