I3 paddle Switch not retaining on-level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I3 paddle Switch not retaining on-level

I have an I3 Paddle switch (actually 3) controlling the lights in my bathroom.

I set the on-level at 10%, so that on a single press it acts as a night light in the bathroom. It worked well for a few weeks, however, recently when the switch was double pressed - turning the light to 100% brightness, it resets the on-level to 100% in the app and on the switch. Thereby ending the function as a night light.

Is this expected behaviour? A hardware issue? or is it a bug?

We haven't heard of this issue but will look into this. How did you program the on-level to 10%? Software (Insteon Director, Insteon for Hub, other?) or manually?
    Insteon Stats
    User since: 2005
    House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
    Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

There's a possibility that a bug in the Insteon Hub software is causing the issue. Try checking for any available updates for your Hub and install them. If the problem persists, contact Insteon support for further assistance. While less likely, there's a slight chance that the switch itself might be malfunctioning. If you have another I3 Paddle, try swapping it with the one in your bathroom to see if the problem follows the switch. If the issue persists with the replacement switch, then the original one might be faulty.

Comment

Working...
      X