Insteon 2476S Dimmer Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2476S Dimmer Issue

Greetings. I have just installed an Insteon 2476S in my home to control a ceiling light. The on/off functions are working just fine. However, I am unsuccessful in getting the dimmer function to work; dimmer won't work properly either with manual pressing of the paddle switch or with the cell phone Insteon App. Is there something that must be done to get the dimmer function to activate? Any advice would be appreciated.

The 2476S is a on/off relay output module.
    It has no dimmer functions in it. Only on and off.
    You will probably also see no brightness LED's in the level indicator positions. Only on and off positions have an LED in it.
    The 2476D is the dimmer version.
    Both are single band power line only modules.
    2477S and 2477D are the dual band models.

Comment

Thank you BLH for your reply. Guess I need to go looking for a 2477D. Anybody out there have one they can part with?

Comment

I would also be interested in a 2477S. Thx

Comment

The Insteon line of products. Are again slowly becoming available again.
          As the former owners shut down the company completely and some of the employees started it back up.
          The 2477D and 2477S are both listed on the information sheet we got in a Webinar.
          The 2477S has a 20 Amp rating. So it physically larger than the 2476S and has thicker connection wires.
          If the light in question is an LED type. Not all dim able LED bulbs dim smoothly and don't flicker. Testing is sometimes needed to find a good combination.
          On the front of the switch module. You should find a few white labels. With things like it's six digit ID, Model and Hardware revision. Along with a Date Code.
          You may find someone who has gone away from Insteon after they abruptly shut down and the had not opened again.
          Some auctions sites may also have some.

Comment

Working...
          X