Lamplinc Module Defective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamplinc Module Defective?

I just received a new Lamplinc module 2457D2. I have 4 other Lamplinc modules in my house so I'm familiar with them. I programmed the new module without a load using the Insteon app. I then plugged in a lamp with an incandescent bulb. Before I turned on the light the lamp started blinking on and off about 2 seconds per cycle. I turned the light on and it turned on and stopped blinking. I then turned it off and the blinking started again. This is it's current state. I tried a factory reset and the same behavior was exhibited after the factory reset.

It seems like a defective module but wanted to post just in case. I've been using Insteon for many years and this is the first time I've seen this behavior out of any of their products.

Did you try to factory reset the module

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      Did you try to factory reset the module
      Yes, same behavior.

Comment

One other thing to try would be to swap the offending unit with one that works. Only swap the unit and use the lamp, or bulb, from the unit that works. If it is still blinking then I would agree it is the module. If it doesn't, try switching the lamp, or bulb to make sure its not that..etc...

Basically you are just eliminating the variables to make sure the issue is with the module.

Comment

Working...
        X