Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477D interferes with non-Insteon dimmer

On one circuit, I have:
    Two sets of Parmida LED disk lights, controlled with Insteon 2477D dimmers, paired
    One Pixi LED larger flat light, controlled with Lutron SkyLark SELV 300P or Leviton SureSlide 6615-P dimmer

Everything works perfectly except if the Pixi light is on, it flashes whenever I use the Insteon dimmers.

How can I prevent the Insteon dimmers from interfering with other dimmers? Is there any list of dimmers that can coexist with Insteon?

The obvious solution would be to disable whatever communication protocol is causing the interference, but I haven't found any way to do that.

I also tried wiring the Pixi light with another Insteon 2477D, or Lutron Maestro MSCL-OP153M (no interference but too much buzzing when the Pixi is dimmed).
    Worst of all was the Lutron TG-600P which had both buzzing and interference.

Hello, I was just about to post MY issue when I saw yours. I replaced a wall dimmer switch with what I thought was the identical replacement, and now my kitchen lights flicker whenever an Insteon command is sent (I am guessing the new switch repeats the commands). The conventional switches I have use the slave/master configuration with a neutral wire communication. Based on the date, I was hoping you found a solution. Thanks!

Comment

I have the same issue. After a kitchen renovation we added new under-counter led lighting. All was well until we replaced the kitchen lighting switch with a leviton dimmer which caused a series of flashes each time an insteon device was activated. Removing the counter light (they can be switched separately) from the dimmer mitigated the issue but that is not ideal. The other kitchen lights are led as well so this is not a generic led light issue.

Comment

Working...
      X