Moved into home with Insteon Dimmers - Can't unlink certain devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved into home with Insteon Dimmers - Can't unlink certain devices

I recently moved into a new home where the previous owner had a number of Insteon Dimmer Switches and Smart Outlets. The Insteon Hub was not left behind, so recently I purchased one and went through the process of connecting each of the dimmers following the MFR recommended setup.

Everything is working well except for 1 particular switch, which is exhibiting the following behavior:

1. When air-gapped, the switch should control 2 exterior lights by an exterior door, but the switch does not turn on the lights when in this mode.
    2. When connected as a smart switch, the 2 exterior lights turn on/off as expected, but the switch also turns on/off lights and a smart outlet in the kitchen area. This is not expected behavior.
    3. I've done a factory reset of the switch but it still is linked to the kitchen lights/outlet as before.
    4. The model of the switch is 2477D Rev 7.9i 2916.

I'm not sure of what the appropriate troubleshooting process is from here...?

Did you also factory reset the other modules?
    They may still have the switch in their database as a responder to the switch.

Comment

Gotcha, so the best course of action is to reset all the impacted devices?

Comment

It seems like you're experiencing some difficulties with one of your Insteon Dimmer Switches. Based on the behavior you described, here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting:

Confirm Wiring: Double-check the wiring connections for the switch controlling the exterior lights. Ensure that the wiring is properly connected and secure.

Signal Interference: Evaluate if there are any potential sources of signal interference near the problematic switch. Sometimes, golf devices or appliances can disrupt the communication between the switch and the Insteon Hub.

Reconfigure Linking: Attempt to reconfigure the linking between the switch and the Insteon Hub. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for linking the switch to the hub again, ensuring that all steps are accurately completed.

Firmware Update: Check if there are any available firmware updates for your Insteon Hub. Keeping the firmware up to date can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and improve overall performance.

Reach Out to Support: If the issue persists, it may be beneficial to contact Insteon's customer support. They can provide more specific guidance tailored to your situation and help troubleshoot the problem further.

Comment

Working...
        X