8 button keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 button keypad

I have an 8 button keypad that has been installed for several years. Recently some of the buttons, B, C, D have stopped controlling the designated light switches/scenes. Other buttons operate OK. I can turn on the responding light switches directly but cannot turn them on via the button or scene. I have deleted the scenes and reinstalled the scenes/buttons. I have verified that the button switch is the controller and the other light switch is the responder. When I activate the scene icon via MobiLinc Connect or my ISY both the button and switch icons will respond on/off. However the light does not turn on. The light will only turn on when I address the light switch directly.

Any suggestions?

ISY, MobiLinc Connect, 2476D Dimmer, 2334-2 8 button keypad.

Thanks for explaining your issue here. I will figure out more on this. Mybkexperience
    Last edited by shskalaka; 06-09-2023, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Hi - I noticed that the remote icon in the Director app does not show all the scenes linked to it. Any idea as to why? Is that a known bug with the app?

Comment

Originally posted by Flsr View Post
        I have an 8 button keypad that has been installed for several years. Recently some of the buttons, B, C, D have stopped controlling the designated light switches/scenes. Other buttons operate OK. I can turn on the responding light switches directly but cannot turn them on via the button or scene. I have deleted the scenes and reinstalled the scenes/buttons.I have verified that the button switch is the controller and the other light switch is the responder. When I activate the scene icon via MobiLinc Connect or my ISY both the button and switch icons will respond on/off. However the light does not turn on. The light will only turn on when I address the light switch directly.

Any suggestions?

Check the wiring for the keypad. Verify that the keypad and the light switches are both firmly connected to all of the connections.
        Change your keypad. Try connecting a different keypad to the light switches if you have one available. If the other keypad functions well, the original keypad is probably the source of the issue.
        Verify the wiring of the light switches. Ensure that each cable is safely attached to each light switch.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-23-2023, 01:40 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I have an 8 button keypad that has been installed for several years. Recently some of the buttons, B, C, D have stopped controlling the designated light switches/scenes. Other buttons operate OK. I can turn on the responding light switches directly but cannot turn them on via the button or scene. I have deleted the scenes and reinstalled the scenes/buttons.I have verified that the button switch is the controller and the other light switch is the responder. When I activate the scene icon via MobiLinc Connect or my ISY both the button and switch icons will respond on/off. However the light does not turn on. The light will only turn on when I address the light switch directly.

Any suggestions?

Check the keypad's wiring. Make sure all of the connections are securely connected to the keypad and the light switches.
          Modify the keypad. If you have another keypad accessible, try connecting it to the light switches. The original keypad is probably the problem if the other keypad works properly.
          Check the light switches' wiring. Make certain that every cable is securely fastened to every light switch.
          Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-23-2023, 01:42 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Thank you for describing your problem here. I'll research this issue more. Check the wiring of the keypad. Make that the keypad and the light switches have all of the connections made securely.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-26-2023, 07:47 AM. Reason: Displaying links to external sites that have nothing to so with the topic - SPAM

Comment

I appreciate you outlining your issue here. I'll do additional investigation on this topic. Check the keypad's wiring. Ensure that all of the connections to the light switches and keypad are made securely.
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-26-2023, 07:47 AM. Reason: Displaying links to external sites that have nothing to so with the topic - SPAM

Comment

Working...
              X