Change paddle color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change paddle color?

I'm so glad to see that lots of the old products are repopulating in the Insteon store. Just made an order tonight for items I have been needing to replace.

It appears to me that the store has not regained the luxury of offering switches in colors other than white. Most of my residential ones, including the faulty ones, are ivory.

Obviously, I can trivially reuse the old wallplate from a nonfunctional one, and I seem to recall that the slim paddle bezel was exchangeable with just a couple of screws... but is the paddle itself exchangeable?

Yes you can take the Ivory paddle and trim off of a defective one and use it on a replacement.
    In the full manual it should give you all the needed information. Basically you just remove the 4 real small screws on the front and gently lift it off.
    Though you need a real small screw driver to take the trim and paddle off of the old one. Steady hand also is a plus. The paddle color change kits did have a spare screw included. The original 2476 SwitchLinc modules shipped with the White installed and Ivory replacement in the box.
    There where also light pipe kits. I changed mine from clear to frosted and in one place blue.
    Only thing you may see is the old management changed the later 2477S to only have the full on and full off LED Pipe holes. I have seen reports that the older ones with all the light pipe positions do fit the new style 2477S.
    Last edited by BLH; 12-22-2022, 09:16 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

The Icon modules can also have the paddle assemblies changed.
      The Icon and SwitchLinc versions do not interchange with each other.

Comment

Tried to get you the paddle change kit instructions but the file is too large for it to post here.
        You can find it with a search for. Insteon 2400 Paddle Change Kit Instructions.
        I noticed it was not in some versions of the Switchlinc full manual but refereed to a link on the defunct site.

Comment

Thanks for giving me the product name. Now that I see a picture of the kit, I realize I've already done this before. I didn't remember that the bezel and the paddle were a one-piece unit. I do computer repair, so small tools are not an issue. Thanks, everybody.

Comment

Working...
          X