Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will on/off keypad activate/control a scene w/ dimming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will on/off keypad activate/control a scene w/ dimming?

I know this is a basic question, if I have 4 different dual band dimming switches and a scene set to turn each switch to a different brightness (with 2 second ramp rate (?)), will an on/off keypad work to turn this scene on and off, or do I need a dimmer keypad?

in short, is the dimmer keypad only useful if I want to use each button as a second dimming switch for a light that already has a dimming switch and not use the button as a “scene” controller?

note - I do understand that the on/off keypad will act as an on/off switch for the light the load is connected to and the dimmer keypad will act as a dimmer for the load it’s going to!

thanks - Jared

Originally posted by JSantavicca View Post
    I know this is a basic question, if I have 4 different dual band dimming switches and a scene set to turn each switch to a different brightness (with 2 second ramp rate (?)), will an on/off keypad work to turn this scene on and off, or do I need a dimmer keypad?

in short, is the dimmer keypad only useful if I want to use each button as a second dimming switch for a light that already has a dimming switch and not use the button as a “scene” controller?

note - I do understand that the on/off keypad will act as an on/off switch for the light the load is connected to and the dimmer keypad will act as a dimmer for the load it’s going to!

thanks - Jared
    Yes, it will work

Comment

Working...
    X