6 button keypad on off button control scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 button keypad on off button control scene

I know that the ON/OFF buttons of the 6 button keypad control the local load, but can these button be used to control other device along with the local load. I want the on off buttons to function as an ALL ON/ALL OFF scene to turn on and off all insteon devices on the floor of the house. Please let me know. Thank you.

Yes indeed, they can. The load control buttons can be set to control other Insteon switches or lights so when you press the On button, all the lights go on, and when you press the OFF button, they all go off.

Comment

Thank you for the reply rgunther. I am looking to install another Insteon 6 button keypad in another home, but it will be replacing an old Lightolier master keypad. The Lightolier keypad does not have a load wire as it does not control a local load. It only controls other switches via the Lightolier network. Can I simply cap the load wire on the Insteon 6 button keypad and setup the scene to control the other switches/dimmers? Thanks again.

Comment

You can absolutely do that. In our last house, I had numerous keypads around the house that controlled nothing on their own but instead controlled scenes with other lights in the room. It's a great way to use the Insteon keypads. If you do that, I'd recommend you buy the dimmer keypad as opposed to the on/off keypad. The on/off keypad makes and audible click when the relay kicks from those on/off buttons, while the dimmer will be fully silent. As you mentioned, you do want to ensure you cap the load wire when installing it so you're not introducing a loose hot wire in that box.

Comment

Thank you again for all of the help rgunther

Comment

Working...
          X