Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed to get group names for <8 button keypad>. The device is not reachable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 8 button keypads - 1 was installed a couple of weeks ago. When I've tried to update any scene with either keypad, I get the error:

Sometimes it lets me go ahead and update the scene but sometimes it doesn't. However, both keypads work fine. The scenes they are programmed for work just like they should. It's just that editing a scene has become a problem. Any ideas?
    Proud tinkerer with Insteon Hub, Switches, Dimmers, Fanlincs, etc. Plus some Amazon Echos to make things more fun!
    I blog about smart home stuff too!

It turns out it's a bug in the new director app. Insteon support let me know that I need to use the old Insteon for Hub app. Once I did that, it worked great.

So, if you're having issues with your keypad, try the old Insteon app. It worked for me.
    Proud tinkerer with Insteon Hub, Switches, Dimmers, Fanlincs, etc. Plus some Amazon Echos to make things more fun!
    I blog about smart home stuff too!

Comment

Yes. I try to use the old Insteon app. It was effective.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 02-26-2024, 11:09 AM. Reason: removed hidden website link

Comment

Working...
      X