Insteon Hub and Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub and Thermostat

I just installed and setup the Wired and Wireless Thermostats with the Insteon Hub and was surprised by the limited control provided for the Thermostats in the Hub app. I could not figure out how to select the Auto - Time of Day mode instead of just the Auto mode from the app. I could also not figure out how to select one of the thermostats to be the master from the app. Also, the thermostats do not show up as devices that can be added to a scene. I hope there are additional features coming to the Hub and apps for controlling the thermostats. I have setup House Linc to control the Thermostats for now, but would like to be able to just do simple time based events/scenes from the Hub for the thermostats.

I'd be interested in hearing some feedback from garmsey's questions as well. I installed my first thermostat today, my first impression is that it's "dumber" than the programmable one I just removed. I'd like to be able to set a simple nighttime set-back of the temperature, from 11pm-5am reduce the temp to 66 degrees. Is this even possible with this thermostat?
    ​Do I need to program directly on the unit, or can I do this from my computer?
    ​I'm using the Windows 8.1 and the Windows Phone 8.1 apps.

Thanks

-John
    ​P.S. I'd like to figure out if I should return the other 3 thermostats I bought, or if I get to use them!

Comment

I agree - surprised at the limitations! Can't add to a scene to have a time based scheduled event change a setpoint? such a simple thing is almost a must do basic.
      i would love to be able to monitor running time also - helps with when to change the filter (Hunter has does this for years)

Comment

Working...
      X