Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2441TH Wired 02 problem (2732-422)

Hi all,

When I connect an Insteon Micro Relay to my Wired Thermostat I get a 02 temperature reading ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvvt1Wc3zdo

http://youtu.be/tJPES-wkHpQ

Thermostat:
    ID:1F-16-DC Wired 2732-422 Build: 3512 Rev v1.3

Micro Relay
    ID:20.0E.18 Cornerless 2443-422 Build: 2613 Rev1.3

I tried new units, did factory reset on both and nothing else is connected to both units.

I also followed tech-support instructions:

Thank you for contacting Smarthome.
    Ok, thank you for confirming. I would try linking the 2 devices again. It seems like there could be something relating to the linking method you have been using. Please see example below for the correct way in linking these two:
    1) Press and hold INSTEON Thermostat’s Set button until it beeps.
    INSTEON Thermostat will beep.
    INSTEON Thermostat Set LED will blink green.
    2) Tap Up or Down arrows to select from Groups 1-4 to add to a scene.
    • Group 1 – Cooling mode change (default)
    • Group 2 – Heating mode change
    • Group 3 – Dehumidification, high humidity setpoint
    • Group 4 – Humidification, low humidity setpoint
    3) Adjust scene responder (press on button on micro module to switch load on)
    4) Press and hold responder’s Set button until it double-beeps or its LED flashes.
    INSTEON Thermostat will double-beep upon completion.
    LED will return to previous state.
    5) Confirm scene addition was successful by raising or lowering INSTEON Thermostat’s setpoint to activate the particular mode.
    After INSTEON Thermostat changes to active mode set in step 2 above, responder will toggle between the scene’s on-level and off.
    6) To add more responders to the scene, repeat steps 1-5 for each additional responder.

Any idea?
    Last edited by jeroenV; 02-02-2015, 06:37 AM.

What do you want to accomplish? Do you want the thermostat to control the Micro On/Off Module or do you want the Module to control the thermostat?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I want the Thermostat to control the Micro Relay

Comment

You can have the thermostat control the relay when one (or more) of those four events occurs, for example, when cooling is called for. The relay will then turn off after the set point is reached. Is that what you want?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Ok we found it. Insteon wasn’t aware of a problem when you learn Micro Relays in Celsius mode. In Fahrenheit it works perfect, so now we learn in Fahrenheit and Factory Reset the Thermostat to solve the issue. This way the Micro Relay will keep responding to the Thermostat.

Comment

Working...
          X