2441TH Thermostat Communication Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2441TH Thermostat Communication Errors

I've had some period alerts from the ISY admin console that the ISY can't communicate with the wired Thermostat. For the most part they were random so I ignored them. Today the messages were almost continuous so I tried to figure out how to resolve it. This system has been installed and working fine for almost two years and the thermostat is probably less than 10' from the PLM and there's a dual band keypad within about 12' so I assume the wireless communication should be robust. There is also an Access Point on the opposite side of the AC supply from the PLM and several other dual band devices in a 1500 ft sq ranch home.

​I tried putting the thermostat into Setup mode and then restoring the device and got an error writing to the device. I did a factory reset on the thermostat and tried restoring again, same result. Finally, I removed the device from the ISY and tried to add it back, and get an error that it can't identify the Insteon Engine. It seems to me that the thermostat has died. Is there something else I should try to resolve this issue? I'm waiting on hold for support at Smarthome to discuss getting a replacement thermostat.
Working...
X