How do I set Time of Day Mode from the iPhone App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I set Time of Day Mode from the iPhone App

I have an Insteon 2441TH Thermostat, along with other remote control devices, and use the iPhone App to look at my camera and check the status of all of my devices. The App allows me to lower or raise the temperature on the thermostat and change the Mode from Off, Heat, Cool or Auto. However, Auto does not follow the programming that I set up. It must be in Time Of Day Mode which I can do if I am at home, but can't seem to be able to do it remotely. Does anyone know if or how this can be done? Thanks.

The Hub doesn't offer that option.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Bummer. Thanks. That seems like a serious flaw in the software. The HouseLinc software does allow Time Of Day Mode via the computer. Is there a way to use HouseLinc on a laptop to connect to my remote Hub and devices? If so, how would I get it to recognize my Hub? Is there an IP or MAC address that can be configured? Thanks again.

Comment

I fully agree. HouseLinc can do it, the Hub can't. Setting, About, Feedback!
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

After a difficult communication with support it became painfully clear that the Insteon app will not control "auto/time of day" settings. If the thermostat is set for "auto/time of day" and you select "auto" on the Insteon app the thermostat will leave "time of day" mode and enter "auto" mode. To recover the thermostat must be physically set.

Comment

Working...
          X