Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/Close Sensor - Notifications sending only email, not push

Hi,

I've got two of the open/close sensors. One works just fine with push notifications. The other will only send email notifications, even though push is also enabled. Is there a way to debug this? We receive other push notifications just fine. It's really odd.

Screenshots from the app are attached
    0R1GrAi.png

1I4z2hg.png

Thanks

Have you tried removing and re-adding the sensor?

Comment

I did.

Fixed it through completely random ways:
      - Turning "OFF" notifications on my App, after already trying a mixture of On/Off with Push/Email.

Next thing I knew, I'm getting push notifications from that device and my other sensors still work.

Makes no sense. I have about 35 devices, so I'm not worried unless this becomes a trend. I emailed Insteon's official support, twice, with no response, so I had to come here.

Is that the norm of not responding?

Comment

That makes sense. Push notifications use token authentication, which can suddenly stop, or hang up. Globally disabling push and re-enabling it usually causes an app to reauthenticate and establish a new tokens allowing the push service to run. Re-adding the device should have also prompted the app to generate a new token.

As far as their customer service I'm not sure, but I imagine it's dependent on the support volume. The forum Moderators have decades of automation experience so I usually just ask questions here.

Comment

Working...
        X