Open/Closed Sensors not reporting correct state to apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/Closed Sensors not reporting correct state to apps

in old app states are unknown for all open/close sensors, in new app states read as closed even if they are actually open. In third part integration via home assistant api calls i get correct state when device changes. but get a closed state when the system initially request state on start up. All connected to Hub 2. I'm more disappointed in that insteons own apps don't know correct state of devices.

Originally posted by djryan View Post
    in old app states are unknown for all open/close sensors, in new app states read as closed even if they are actually open. In third part integration via home assistant api calls i get correct state when device changes. but get a closed state when the system initially request state on start up. All connected to Hub 2. I'm more disappointed in that insteons own apps don't know correct state of devices.
    Battery operated devices are sleep so they do not report status. Only change of status when used.

Comment

thanks for the replylilyoyo1. correct, they only send state when triggered. but shouldn't the hub retain last know state instead of defaulting to closed or unknown. seems to me that the apps should poll the last know state from the hub. when using apps and device is triggered they also do not show any change.

Comment

Originally posted by djryan View Post
        thanks for the replylilyoyo1. correct, they only send state when triggered. but shouldn't the hub retain last know state instead of defaulting to closed or unknown. seems to me that the apps should poll the last know state from the hub. when using apps and device is triggered they also do not show any change.
        I can understand how you feel about that. However, how would you actually know what the true status was? Commands can be missed, batteries changed or dead, power blips, etc could all result in a false status. This could cause major issues if one is thinking something is closed but it is really open.

Comment

Working...
        X