Motion Sensor II 2844-222 day/night problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor II 2844-222 day/night problem

I have a Motion sensor 2 that I am using to control a porch light(via on/offMicro Module) where I want it to only sense motion at night. There is also a 2487 KPL linked to the scene for manual control of there porch light. I set all this up in the Director iPhone app with the Insteon Hub. I can't get the motion sensor to only operate at night. It works all the time even when sun it out. It shows the Night Only function as ON in there app and I have also experimented with the light sensitivity with no success. Any ideas? I searched and found people with the same problem several years ago but didn't see anything about a solution to the problem. Any ideas?

I am using several other Motion Sensor II's at my house to control outdoor modules that perform perfectly in the Night Only mode but they aren't linked to any wall switches. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Bibb in San Antonio,Tx

Three suggestions:
    - I used a similar set up at my previous house. Sometimes, after years of outdoor use, the MS got confused or lost its programming, What usually helped was factory resetting it and setting it up again.

- Configure the dusk sensor from one of the other motion sensors, that is working, and apply it to this particular light? (I don't use director / hub, so this may not be possible)

- Physically swap this MS with one of the others where you don't need the dusk capability
    Last edited by paulbates; 11-21-2023, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Hey there Paulbates. Thank you for the suggestions. In addition to reaching out to people on this forum, I reached out to Insteon Tech Support. Tech Support got back to me in less than 24 hours with three suggestions. The first one worked so I won't go into the other 2. He suggested using the old Insteon iPhone app for the HUB to set the Motion Sensor II characteristics instead of the Director app. Luckily, I still had that old app on my phone and it worked perfectly! Evidently there are still bugs in the Director app. Now thinking back on it, all the motion sensors that are working properly were configured several years ago with the old app. Evidently, there are some things that the old app still does better than the new one. A year ago or so, I was pulling my hair out trying to configure a Fanlink and link to a keypad and the tech told me to use the old app to do that too.

Thanks,
      Bibb in San Antonio,Texas

Comment

Working...
      X