Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any trickery to do this ?? Thinking it requires Motion Sensor deactivation…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any trickery to do this ?? Thinking it requires Motion Sensor deactivation…

Greetings from Southern California.

Home Office. Motion sensor activating lights to a 40% brightness level. Works just fine. Occupancy mode enabled.

There are occasions where I’d like to turn up the lights. I do that at the switch (or the app or Alexa) - they brighten up - but as soon as the motion detector senses motion - it sends an ON signal to the switch which powers up the lights to 40% - effectively dimming the lights. Aargh !!

Any ideas about how to work around this ??

Might there be a method to have the switch activate the lights to their previous used level rather than the programmed level ??

Thanks in advance for any comments and ideas.

Steve W

Originally posted by SteveWW View Post
    Greetings from Southern California.

Home Office. Motion sensor activating lights to a 40% brightness level. Works just fine. Occupancy mode enabled.

There are occasions where I’d like to turn up the lights. I do that at the switch (or the app or Alexa) - they brighten up - but as soon as the motion detector senses motion - it sends an ON signal to the switch which powers up the lights to 40% - effectively dimming the lights. Aargh !!

Any ideas about how to work around this ??

Might there be a method to have the switch activate the lights to their previous used level rather than the programmed level ??

Thanks in advance for any comments and ideas.

Steve W
    You need an advanced controller such as an ISY to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Comment

Roger. Thank You lilyoyo1.

Comment

it really worked for me
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 12:35 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X