Motion Sensor controls switches that are not part of the scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor controls switches that are not part of the scene

I'm using a motion sensor to turn the lights on in the pantry when someone walks inside. I created a scene with just that motion sensor and one dimmer switch as members, but for some reason whenever the pantry motion sensor is triggered, it also turns on lights in the garage. I've tried quite a few things to fix this, including removing the light switches in the garage from the hub completely and then re-adding them, adding the switches to the scene and then removing them, etc. So far no luck. Any ideas?

The device links (what they are paired to) are not stored in the Hub so removing a device from the Hub and re adding probably wont fix it. Those links are stored at the devices themselves.

The quickest fix would be to unlink the garage lights from the motion sensor.
    1. Starting at the motion sensor, press and hold the set button down until it beeps and let go. The front Led should be blinking green (linking mode)
    2. Press and hold the set button on the motion sensor, again, for another three seconds and let go after the beep. The front led should be blinking red. (unlink mode)
    3. Go to the Insteon device in the garage and press down its set button until it double-beeps and let go. (The device will flash once and then everything should stop blinking)
    The motion sensor should no longer be controlling that device.

***note - If you are using the newest app I think it puts devices into programming lock so you might need to go into the app settings for each device and undo that for this to work.

Comment

Working...
    X