Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting the insteon motion sensor 2844-222 on 12v security system ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting the insteon motion sensor 2844-222 on 12v security system ?

Hi, I'm very tired to change batterie on my Insteon motion sensor and I wondering if it's possible to connect the MS on my 12 volt wire come from my security system ?

Thank you

The sensor is powered by a CR123A Lithium Cell or a Micro USB 5 volt AC wall supply. A Micro USB five volt AC supply would work.
    It also maybe possible to construct a 12 volt to 5 volt adapter to power it.

In a web search. I can find 12 volt to 5 volt adapters and 12 volt cell phone chargers with Micro USB connectors for use in an automible.
    I have no information on how well they would work on the sensor or if suitable for this application.
    Last edited by BLH; 06-02-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:24 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 11-07-2023, 04:52 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X