Device doesn't seem to match local programming factory reset diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device doesn't seem to match local programming factory reset diagram

I must be missing something obvious but the 2457D2 device doesn't seem to follow the local programming diagram.
    ​If I am reading the flow chart properly I should press, press, press, tap, tap, tap, tap for factory reset.
    ​However, on third press it starts double blinking red rather than blinking green as I would expect from the diagram.
    Anyone care to provide a clue?

What are you trying to accomplish?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

If it is one of the refurbished ones being offered on the Smarthome sales site or maybe a retail store kit module.
      I bought three refurbished ones and they all are the older firmware v.41 as reported by my ISY controllers Administrative Console.
      The older revision model do not use the set button flow chart.
      I got the same double blinking RED when trying out the Flow Chart and mine was the older model with out the Flow Chart Set Button sequences.

Page 9 of older Full Users Manual. Factory reset.
      Unplug it for at least ten seconds.
      Hold the set button and plug it in.
      Keep holding the set button until it stops beeping.
      Release set button.

Full Users Manual for the older 2457D2 Lamplincs.
      http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2457D.pdf
      Last edited by BLH; 02-06-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Maybe if you can post the numbers on the back of the 2457D2. Found on the white sticker and main label. It may assist in determining what you have.

Comment

This was for three refurbished devices just shipped last week. The hub app shows details 01,0e,41 for two, and ,,43 for the third. I attempted the same procedure used for Switch Links and recommended above, pressed set while plugging in. Once greeted with beeping I kept pressing until it stopped. It's all good now with these units.

​The first reason I was attempting factory reset was because I was following advice recommended elsewhere on this forum to reset units at installation. I had discovered earlier using HouseLinc that refurb SwitchLincs I purchased earlier did seem to have some extraneous links. (I had been seeing unreliable scene schedules with Hub2, which is why I was redoing the configuration. Some of my modules are from 2007.)

​The second reason I was attempting to learn the sequence is that the ,,43 unit that came with my hub2 kit apparently bit the dust when I was attempting to edit some scenes. I was attempting my best to confirm it was dead prior to calling for RMA#.

​BTW, the refurb unit with ,,43 doesn't seem to match the diagram either, though I am not currently inclined to attempt to validate the 'Local Programming Flow Chart'.

Comment

Working...
          X