Setting up an Outdoor Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up an Outdoor Module

Do the outdoor modules require any setup steps other than "hold the button on the controlling device until it beeps, then hold the button on the responding device until it beeps?"

I'm asking because I bought an outdoor module from ebay couple weeks ago, and tried to set it up today, and it is not working like I expected it to...

I've tried pairing it with my hub, and with an on/off wall switch, and in both cases I get the usual pattern of beeps between the devices...

But, when I toggle the wall switch, the outlet on the outdoor module stays off / no power. And when Home Assistant asks the Hub for a list of devices, the new outdoor module doesn't show up in the list. Did I get a dud, or am I missing something in the setup process?

The ebay listing said "hub needed" which I thought was a little weird, but I can't get it work with a wall switch OR with my hub, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

A factory reset fixed this problem: hold down the button, plug in, wait 30 seconds or so.

It's behaving normally now.

Comment

Working...
    X