INSTEON I/O Linc Low Voltage 2450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INSTEON I/O Linc Low Voltage 2450

I currently have the INSTEON I/O Linc Low Voltage 2450 installed and working fine with the Android App but I would like to accomplish the following:

I'm wondering if its possible with the Insteon Hub which is what I currently have to create a scene that would check to see if the garage door is open and then close it?
    Currently what happens in my scene is that it just toggles the state, so if the door is open the scene will close it , but if the door is closed the scene will open it?

This is what I wold like to happen so at 10:30 pm a scene would run and check the status of the i/o module and then react to it, if the door is closed then do nothing and if the door is open then close it?

~ Bob

The Hub is not capable of conditionals (i.e., it this, then do that). If you have a need for such statements, then you need either software or an ISY.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, What software would I need?

Comment

That depends on the OS that your computer is running. Note that with software the computer needs to be on 24/7. The ISY is OS independent and needs a browser only to program.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Ok, I think I'm going to go another route, I bought a Insteon Keypad Dimmer (2334-222) 6 button and I would like to have one of the buttons display the status of the I/O linc. (State of the Door)

I have set up the Keypad to open and close the door just fine, but I'm having problems with the status of the door coming back to the Keypad LED.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, I have seen some other posts and some videos of it working, but I must be missing something...

Last edited by robstermn; 02-24-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Link the I/O Linc as a controller of the KPL button. If you purchased the kit, then the LED will be lit when the door is closed and unlit when it's open.

Comment

I would like it to react the opposite as you described and yes I bought the kit.,

I would like it to react like this:
              LED off when door is closed
              LED on when door is open?

Possible?

Thanks

Comment

I agree that the LED should be lit when the door is open, so I use this magnetic contact switch.

Comment

But I already have I/O coming back as I purchased the KIT???
                  Last edited by robstermn; 02-24-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

The kit ships with a NO magnetic contact switch which illuminates the LED when the garage door is closed (i.e., the contacts close when next to the magnet). The magnetic contact switch I linked to gives a choice or NO or NC, so you can choose which state, open or closed, lights the LED.

Comment

Working...
                    X