Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Io linc / fireplace

Hello,

I have a io linc, and would like to use it to control my fireplace. I was wondering if someone could tell me if I'm on the right track, or have a suggestion of a different setup if needed. Thank you in advance.

My fireplace uses a low voltage wall switch to turn on. I measured the line wires, and they are less than 5 volts.

I want to remove the wall switch and add a mini remote, and then use the io linc.

Wiring wise for the io linc is where I have the question. Would setting the io linc to latching, and then wire one wire to the common , and the other to N/C be the best route?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited by Acuevas1206; 05-03-2015, 12:10 AM.

NO and Common would be a better choice.

Latching is correct. As you want the fireplace to stay On until you send an Off command

N/C and Common will leave the fireplace in the On mode when the I/OLinc relay is Off. Including if someone accidentally unplugged the I/OLinc. The fireplace will be On.
    N/O and Common will turn the fireplace On when you turn the I/OLinc Relay On.
    Last edited by BLH; 05-03-2015, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Great thank you for the help!

Comment

To add, I am interested in being able to use Insteon for my fireplace as well. Mine is also low voltage with only 2 wires. Can I replace my current wall switch that turns the fireplace on to a regular Insteon on/off switch instead of going the IO Linc route?

Comment

MrJoji,

Nope. Insteon switches require line voltage. But, you can connect those wires to an Insteon wireless thermostat.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
            MrJoji,

Nope. Insteon switches require line voltage. But, you can connect those wires to an Insteon wireless thermostat.
            Okay. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X